Monday, November 17, 2008

Letter of Congratulations and Thanks from Blair Armitage

I would like to congratulate Wayne Wright on being elected to a third term as Mayor of New Westminster. To be elected to three consecutive terms after vigorous campaigns is not an easy task and he deserves recognition for this accomplishment.

I would also want to thank the 4,238 citizens of New Westminster for having supported me in this election and my ideas for change in this City. I am humbled that nearly half of the voters of this City endorsed my candidacy. Many, many thanks for your confidence.

Let me assure you that I will continue to advocate on your behalf. I will continue to speak out for the wonderful neighbourhoods of this great city. I will continue to advocate for consultation and consensus. And I will most definitely continue to advocate for improved public process so that the citizens of New Westminster will have their voices heard.

Yours truly,

Blair Armitage

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What you don't know is that they didn't vote for you Blair. They were voting for the Slate to Elect Casey Cook. Most people don't know who you are, but they sure know Casey. And its definitely a Love / Hate thing. With Cook, there's no middle road. Aside from the breakthrough on school board, come on admit it, it was a pretty down night for Voice overall. No Stevie wonder, No Patrick O'Conner, No Mayor Armitage. And the 2 council candidates that you claim title to, more likely than not would have won on their own merits. The only thing Voice succeeded in doing was taking out Cal Donnelly. And allowing Jaimie McEvoy to take his spot. Bravo

Anonymous said...

Wow. Anonymous, speaks for the 4,238 citizens that voted for Blair. I That is thoughtful of you but I think they were actually wanting Blair to speak for them, not you. I'm not sure who the "Slate to Elect Casey Cook" is but they sure sound like a powerful group considering how many votes CC garnered.
I think WW's "unofficial slate" should take some responsibility for "taking out Cal". Them and Jaimie's spectacular advertising budget. That was impressive, surprising, yet impressive. It sort of made me feel like Ralph Nader up against the Democrats AND Republicans. ;^)

Anonymous said...

Anonymous, are you out to lunch.
What was responsible for taking Cal out was Wright's own stupidity. His attempt to sit on two slates left him supporting seven candidates and there were only six spots.
Not only that, but the voting public realized that they didn't have to vote in a National Anthem singer, they could simply hire one. The question now is, who will fudge boy use for a chauffeur?

Anonymous said...

Anonymous, Blair's letter shows he is a much classier person than Wayne Wright. Be careful you don't choke on your sour grapes. Your spiteful comments show Voice did succeed in changing the political landscape in New Westminster.